With over 20 years’ experience working in publishing, I know what makes a great book. Formerly non-fiction publisher for HarperCollins Australia and editorial director for Amber Books in the UK, I am now a ghostwriter, co-writer and developmental editor, producing award-winning books and bestsellers for the world’s leading publishing houses.
In my writing and editing work I specialize in memoir and first-person narratives. Excellence is really appealing to me in all its forms, but I also love exploring fragility and the flaws that make us human.
My experience spans the globe: I’ve lived and worked in Sydney, London, Brisbane, and now California.
As editor & writer
Books I’ve worked on include
- Shane Jacobson, The Long Road to Overnight Success (memoir by the award-winning actor and presenter; forthcoming in 2013)
- Kristian and Rachel Anderson, Days Like These (“Kristian was an inspiration to us all, the way he handled cancer with fierce grace” – Oprah Winfrey)
- Chris O’Brien, Never Say Die (national bestseller, shortlisted for ABIA Biography of the Year 2009)
- Richard Stewart, Strategic Value (business valuation insights from PriceWaterhouseCoopers)
I’m author or co-author of
- The Simple Things (co-written with media personality – and Nicole Kidman’s sister – Antonia Kidman)
- Parenting With Soul (nominated for the 2011 Kibble Literary Awards)
- Positive (“well-balanced, interesting, moving, helpful” – The Courier Mail)
- The World According to Kids (“honest and adorable” – Femail magazine)
- Sophie’s Journey (an immediate bestseller, with over 60,000 copies sold in the Australian market alone)
- Get Published (ebook for aspiring authors on writing the perfect book proposal)